Framer X relies on an external editor for writing code. Any editor will work, but we strongly suggest one that supports TypeScript (for auto complete). Our personal favorite is VSCode by Microsoft with the option to install the Prettier extension so your code is always formatted consistently.
Follow these steps to change your default editor:
- Go to any
.ts / .tsxfile in your Finder
- Right-click and choose "Get Info"
- At the "Open With…" section select your editor
- Click "Change All…" and then choose "Continue"
Keep in mind:
- You may have to restart your editor in order for Framer X to notice the new default choice.
- You might get an error if you were in the middle of updating your code editor to the latest version. If that happens, re-try the steps above and select the newest version (if there are two versions)—then it should work.